This pound cake is every apple lovers dream! Filled with apples, and made rich and delicious with cream cheese, it is the perfect pairing for your morning coffee.
Can apple season last forever??
I am basically forgoing making all things pumpkin for all things apple! Which, first of all, is not my fault. They are actually sold out of cans of pumpkin in all of the grocery stores I have checked!! Who would have thought that pumpkin would be such a hot commodity in the fall?? The only way I can satisfy my pumpkin cravings this fall is going to Starbucks everyday.
While this keeps my pumpkin cravings happy, this doesn't keep my wallet very happy. So what I did was bought 2 pumpkins in the hopes that I will learn to make my own pumpkin puree and be somewhat self reliant.
Or I could try a couple dozen more stores.
But since pumpkin season is at the very same time as apple season, and squash season, and all of the delicious things that foodies go crazy for, I don't really need to settle with a sub-par recipe, now do I?
Because pound cake is my guilty pleasure. If I could eat pound cake for breakfast, lunch and dinner, I would (and probably have already). But why not make it a seasonal thing. Apple pound cake in the fall, cranberry pound cake in the winter, strawberry pound cake in the spring and peach pound cake in the summer? I mean, the possibilities are endless!!
But this pound cake. Oh boy, I need to make this at least 3 more times while I can buy apples for next to nothing. Adding both butter and cream cheese makes this cake super rich and oh so smooth and creamy to eat. Don't question it. That totally makes sense when talking about pound cake.
And having the best surprise of your life when you bite into pockets of apple in this cake is just priceless.
^^Maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but honestly, I don't think I need another pound cake recipe. This one takes the cake... so to speak.
Maybe when I finally get a hold of some pumpkin, I can test that out in pound cake form,. What do you think?
Apple Pound Cake
What you'll need:
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups white sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup apples, diced and peeled
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Lightly spray two loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add in the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Slowly mix in the flour until fully combined. Fold in the apples.
- Place the cake in the preheated oven, and bake for 1 hour. Remove and cover with aluminum foil, and place back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
Adapted from Shugary Sweets