Rice Krispies Squares get a delicious makeover with the addition of peanut butter! Comes together in under 5 minutes for a great tasting no bake treat!
Second month doing a recipe for Secret Recipe Club, and this month, I got another fantastic food blog this week: Cook Lisa Cook. I have spent the past couple of days just marveling over all of the wonderful recipes that I want to try, that I have bookmarked a couple to make at a later date.
Summer break will be more busy than I thought.
But even with all of the delicious recipes to choose from, I had very few ingredients in my house. And since I was going away on vacation a couple of days later, I was really reluctant to buy anything.
So I made a wayy more boring version of the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats with Vanilla Coconut Frosting that I found on this "secret recipe" blog. I left out the best part: frosting! Boo for empty cupboards..
But even though I made the recipe so plain that I took the fun out of it, this recipe did teach me some things:
- I can make regular Rice Krispie Squares in the microwave, and NOT on the stove like I did here.
- Peanut butter makes Rice Krispie Squares 10x better, and oh so chewy delicious. Why have I not done this before??
I think from now on, incorporating peanut butter into my baking should be my #1 priority. I just can't. Get. Enough!
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Squares
What you'll need:
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Lightly grease an 8x8 baking pan. Set aside.
- Place the butter and marshmallows in a large microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the peanut butter, and microwave for an additional 30-40 seconds, and stir until smooth.
- Mix in the Rice Krispies cereal until fully combined.
- Press the Rice Krispie mixture into the prepared pan, and allow to cool. Cut into squares.
Adapted from Cook Lisa Cook
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: