During the summer, I am obsessed with making Rice Krispie Treats. Reasons being:
- They are no bake. (beat the summer heat!)
- I already buy a lot of marshmallows for smores. May as well use them for Rice Krispie Treats as well.
- They are freaking delicious!
The only problem with this is that I usually end up eating the whole batch in a couple of days. Which, seeing as how it is swimsuit season (I wish this wasn't a thing..) I am going to be semi sorry when the squares are all gone.
What is a mug cake obsessed girl to do?
The thing that I do best: make it into a mug cake-esque treat!
I'm not sure which is worse: making an entire batch of Rice Krispie Treats at once, or knowing just how easy it is to make your own personal sized Rice Krispie Treat.
Only time (and my waistline) will tell.
But I think that having your own personal sized Rice Krispies Treat ready in under 5 minutes is a reward in itself.
So scratch Swimsuit Season. Let's make this Rice Krispies Square (but not really a square) season!
Rice Krispies Square for One
What you'll need:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4 large marshmallows
- 1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- In a small bowl or a ramekin, melt the butter in the microwave for around 20 seconds, or until completely melted.
- Place the marshmallows in the bowl, and microwave for an additional minute. Keep an eye on them! It will puff up, but will deflate as soon as you take it out of the microwave.
- Mix together the marshmallows and the melted butter until smooth.
- Mix in the Rice Krispies cereal until fully combined. Press into the bowl with a spatula and allow to cool.