I am seriously neglecting this blog.
Even though I love my job as a teacher, I am looking forward to the summer holidays (only 3 weeks away y'all!)
Thankfully Canada has a long weekend this week, so I have until Monday to catch up on my marking.
But guess what I have made twice this week already?
You guessed it. The mug cakes are BACK BABY!
The first time I made this, I put the caramels in right before I microwaved it, but the caramels just sank to the bottom. Which is great if you want to eat a caramel soup at the bottom of your mug, but I wasn't really into it. I wanted the caramel as I was eating the cake. So I changed it up and added it mid-microwave session.
But whatever your preference, this mug cake is a perfect treat to pair with marking. Or with breakfast. Just saying...
Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Mug Cake
What you'll need:
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 caramels (I used my homemade caramels)
- Into a microwave safe mug, mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt, egg, milk, and vegetable oil.
- Microwave on high for one minute. Remove from microwave and drop both of your caramels inside. Microwave for an additional 30 seconds. If not done, microwave in 30 second intervals until done.
Adapted from Eva Bakes
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: