Yesterday was my first day at my new teaching job, and I love it!
Maybe this is just the thrill of doing something you love, or if it's the students who are surprisingly respectful and eager to learn.
But what they don't tell you is that you need to drink throughout the day. ... Water I mean! I was so dehydrated by the end of the day, I was getting a serious headache. But I am looking forward to the next week!
And since I will be sooo busy next week, I need quick and easy dinner ideas. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love for you to share. In case I get bored of pasta.
But while I am still loving all things pasta, here's a super simple and super quick dinner idea.
This will be my saving recipe when I am too busy to cook. In my college days, those days would result in a trip to McDonalds. I am hoping I will not need to resort to that this year.
Because... cheesy pasta!!! How can you go wrong? Seriously? I am bursting with love for pasta right now. I even ate pasta for breakfast the other day. I mean, why not, right?
I think this will be my life. Make pasta, lesson plan, eat more pasta as a delicious awesome snack and lesson plan some more. Repeat if necessary. I will obviously throw some Nutella and peanut butter sandwiches in there (because, who are we kidding? I'm not giving those up) but it will be pasta until I find a new obsession.
Or return to an old one? Oatmeal and mug cakes anyone?
Broccoli Pasta Bake
What you'll need:
- 300g penne
- 300g broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, grated
- Cook the pasta, adding the broccoli for the final 4-5 mins and cooking until tender. Drain, and pour into a 9x13 casserole dish. Preheat your broiler to high.
- Heat the butter in the same saucepan and stir in the flour. Cook for 1 min, then gradually add the milk, stirring well between each addition. Bring to the boil, stirring, then simmer for 2 mins, before stirring in the mustard and half the cheese.
- Mix the sauce into the pasta mixutre. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the pasta mixture and broil on high for 3-4 mins until golden and bubbling.
Adapted from BBC Good Food
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: