I have been buying SO much salsa lately.
Is it normal to want to eat salsa and tortilla chips all day long? Or is this my teenage self making an appearance again?
So when it comes down to dinner, my teenage self is wanting some pasta. Because pasta = less time cooking = more time studying (aka: watching Netflix).
But when you have only been buying salsa all week long, you are going to want to put it into your dinner, right? We want to avoid the situation where we look in the back of our fridge and see a half empty jar of salsa that must have gone bad weeks ago. Please tell me I'm not the only one..
This might be one of the easiest meals I have made all week. I have even added a 30 Minute Meal tag on this post because these are the meals I love. Ones that come together so quickly that you don't need to spend your day planning and making the dinner. As long as you have all of the ingredients you are good to go!
I think my next step in life is to give up the chips and salsa and actually make myself decent meals.
And if I can't manage that, I should at the very least learn to make my own salsa. I think it's time for me to add that to my ever growing to-male list.
Chicken and Salsa Pasta
What you'll need:
- 2 cups fusilli pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/4 cups hot and chunky salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook the pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil on a skillet on medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for around 3-5 minutes. Mix in salsa, corn and peppers. Bring to a boil. Simmer on medium-low heat for around 10 minutes or until chicken is done, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the pasta. Add the chicken mixture to the pasta. Mix in cheese. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand 1 minute or until the cheese is melted.