Even though as I am writing this post this cake is long gone, I am thinking of making another this moment. And even though I need to leave in 20 minutes, this cake is just so gosh darn easy to make that I could make it and still have time to get dressed and ready.
(Now you know where my priorities lie)
The fact is, just like tattoos (or so I hear), once you have the one mug cake, you will want more, and more. More to the point of why actually make a cake when I can make a mug cake? The only exception to this is the time I made the peanut butter ice cream cake. And the only reason for that is because I have not yet learned how to make a ice cream mug cake...yet...
And while I would love to say that I made this as a treat for myself after a long day, I made this in the morning. I have been having super strange breakfasts these past couple of weeks, with some oatmeal sprinkled in now and again.
But for this cake, I could seriously eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
What you'll need:
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons Biscoff spread
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients in an large mug. Whisk well with a fork until smooth.
- Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes and then take it out to check to see if it is done. If not, continue to microwave in thirty second intervals.