My goal in this blog was to post 3 sweet recipes and one savory one. That was going to be the order of things.
But somehow I felt it becoming more and more ridiculous to be making pumpkin recipes at this time of year. Especially since even the signs of Christmas is starting to disappear.
But FYI, mug cakes never go out of fashion. A tried and true test in my kitchen lab. Sample size: 1 very willing participant (me). Result: 100% success rate in every season. Let me elaborate:
Spring: It is so gorgeous out, you don't want to spend time in the kitchen. So make a mug cake!
Summer: You are all about the no-bake treats that won't make your place so hot it's unbearable to be wearing a strand of clothing. Making a mug cake will keep your kitchen at a reasonable temperature!
Fall: You are all crazed by the back to school
Winter: You are all about the comfort food. Make a mug cake!
So I wanting a lot of cake. To be fair, this could have been a recipe for two mug cakes. You can split this into 2 mugs so that you can share it with a friend/partner/loved one/random stranger.
But if you want an overflowing
But do you want to know what else you deserve? The frosting as well!
This is my all-time favorite frosting. I use it for my carrot cake and carrot cake mug cake.
Okay, granted it is my go-to carrot cake frosting, but it goes really well with pumpkin too! You will see. Give it a try. Whatever season you are currently in.
Pumpkin Mug Cake
What you'll need:
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 oz butter, softened
- 3/4 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 tablespoon vanilla
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, pumpkin and egg until fully combined. Add in the sugar, flour, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into one (or two) microwave-safe mugs, and microwave for 2 minutes. Let stand for a minute before serving.
- Top with frosting or whipping cream if you desire.