I think I have given up trying to make actual food for this blog. It's not that I don't eat meals. It's just that I just can't seem to photograph them well.
But desserts? They look good in any light. Can we just have dessert all the time?
This is recipe two using my cast iron skillet. My first one was a super delicious pesto pizza, and I honestly don't know which recipe I like better.
A couple of weeks ago while I was letting my mouse hover over the add to cart button for this skillet on amazon, I was wondering if it would be worth it. But I think that it may have been worth it for just these two recipes.
Thinking about Valentine's day dessert ideas? Well this is just perfect. Eat up!
Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
What you'l need:
- 1 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips (more or less depending on how chocolate-y you want it)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Whisk together the flours, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until mixture is light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add in the egg and vanilla. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and beat until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer dough to a 12-inch ovenproof cast iron skillet. Press the dough into the skillet until flat.
- Bake in the preheated oven for around 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Do not over bake. It will continue to cook a few minutes out of the oven. Transfer to a wire rack to cool in pan.