Have you been backing out on your new years resolutions yet?
I was walking past the gym, and I saw that there was exactly no one in there. Not a soul. I will pretend that’s because it’s a Friday night and people have better things to do than work your butt off on a treadmill.
I have faith in you guys. And I am helping you with your resolutions one muffin at a time.
These muffins are not your run of the mill butter filled, sugar filled, calorie stealers.
No butter, only 3 tablespoons of sugar, and plus, it’s made with whole wheat! I know right? Practically health food!
And the white sparkling sugar? I know that I said that it was optional, but it is just makes these muffins go from amazing to ohmygawd amazing.
My secret to muffin recipes is to add chocolate chips.
But don’t just trust me. Start your new year with these delicious breakfast bites. And don’t feel guilty about grabbing a second. When they look and taste this good, I really can’t blame you.
Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Muffins
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- white sparkling sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a muffin pan or line a muffin pan with paper liner and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg, yogurt, canola oil, milk and vanilla until fully combined. Slowly add in the dry ingredients, mixing until fully incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups, around 2/3 full. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar if you are using it. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Kendra’s Treats