Can you believe that the last time that I posted something that wasn’t either a dessert or a sweet breakfast was when I posted my feta, chickpea and kale salad on December 10th? That’s last year people!
Okay, I know that was a little dramatic. But still, almost a month ago. It seems like I’m some kind of energizer bunny that can only function off of sugar.
Which might not be too much of an exaggeration…
So here we go. A savory recipe for you. Unless you want to add some sugar to this and call it kettle corn. I would be down for that.
I can’t believe I ever bought microwave popcorn! This is so easy, and SO much better for you! I am aligning this with people who both love their popcorn, but made a New Years resolution to eat healthier. Am I the best or what?
So make everyday movie night. Or at least popcorn night. It’s ready in under 3 minutes, so really, there is no excuse.
Easy Microwave Popcorn
What you’ll need:
- 3 tablespoons popcorn kernels
- 1 brown paper bag
- seasoning of your choice (I like it plain, but adding salt and chili pepper is really good as well)
- Add the popcorn kernels to the brown paper bag.
- Close the bag by folding the top of the bag one or two times.
- Microwave for around 2 minutes. It really depends on your microwave, but you should be listening to the popcorn as it’s in the microwave. When you haven’t heard a pop for 3ish seconds, stop the microwave and remove.
- Open the bag and add seasonings. Close the bag and shake well. Enjoy!