I think all sweet bread needs to have a little bit of peanut butter in it.
When you add peanut butter to the bread, you don’t need actual butter, which means that the bread is a) cheaper, b) healthier and c) filled with protein. So it’s the perfect breakfast food!
Ever since I made peanut butter banana bread, I have been dreaming up what other types of bread I can add peanut butter to.
Thinking back to all of the breads I have ever made (the list is mainly made up of banana breads) I remembered the time when I made pumpkin gingerbread which was ah-mazing. So why not try mixing peanut butter with pumpkin bread, but this time minus the ginger.
Now we’re talking!
What can I say about this bread? It has a deliciously pumpkin flavor, without being too in your face so all you pumpkin haters (and I know you exist) will still love it.
And anything that is sprinkled with chocolate chips is my idea of a good time.
And even though it’s already well into winter, I am finally ready to be making and eating all things pumpkin. My body is always a little slow realizing what season it is actually in, food wise. Case in point, the strawberry and banana smoothie I craved and consumed this morning.
As for this bread, I will continue to consume it, regardless of the season. That is, until I find some other type of bread to put peanut butter into.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bread
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together the greek yogurt, pumpkin, eggs, and peanut butter in a large bowl until smooth.
- Mix in the sugars, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and flours until fully incorporated.
- Fold in 3/4 cup chocolate chips into batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for around 45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.