I cannot believe how quickly time is going by!!
Who has already finished all of their Christmas shopping? I king of hope it’s not many of you, because I don’t want to feel too bad about my lack of gifts purchased already.
And we all know what my coping mechanism is for stress. Baking makes everything better..
But how about Christmas cookie baking, dancing around the kitchen listening to Christmas carols. I seriously don’t know a better way to destress and to get into the Christmas spirit.
So now that these cookies are all done and almost completely gone, I need to get down to business. What would you buy a 16 year old girl and a 19 year old boy? Please, I need suggestions. Time is ticking away!
And any other suggestions for the parents of these said gift recipients would also be welcome. I need some ideas!! Thank you all in advance 😉
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy canes or peppermint hard candies, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, milk and vanilla until fully combined. Beat in egg.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flours, salt and baking soda. Slowly mix into the wet mixture until fully incorporated.
- Fold in 1/2 cup crushed candy canes. Shape into 1-inch balls and place 2-inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to rack to cool completely.