If only I knew earlier how amazing kale salads are... I would have way more than 2 kale salad recipes (including this one) on my blog.
This marks the one month anniversary of making my first ever kale salad (which I now make on a weekly basis) and I am celebrating...with more kale.
Now I have yet to make a kale smoothie, kale chips or any of the other kale trends that happened...what. Two years ago? I am so behind in the food trends. Case in point, I have never made anything with brussels sprouts.
But I had feta in my fridge that I bought for feta and spinach crepes, and it was pretty much screaming at me to make something with it. I am glad to say that I obliged.
Honestly, I think I just wanted to cook up some chick peas. I buy dried chickpeas, so I always need foresight before I make anything with them. Which is both good and bad I guess. Good because I always make too much and just need to then make some roasted salt and vinegar chickpeas. But it's bad because I can't just have cravings for chickpeas and crack open a can to satisfy them.
*Sigh*. The troubles of a foodie.
I apologize for the photo being in a lunch container. We ate most of the salad for dinner, and I totally forgot to take pictures of it. Then as I was taking what was left over to work the next day, I realized: I am so selfish. This needs to be shared! But my generosity stopped at the thought of dirtying up a clean plate. I would rather post this picture in a lunch container than do more dishes. I'm sure you understand me.
Feta Chickpea and Kale Salad
What you'll need:
- 5 cups kale, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (or one can)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup feta
- + salt to taste
- Place the kale in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. When the saucepan is hot, combine the chickpeas and chili powder in the saucepan, and cook until the chickpeas are crispy, stiring frequently.
- Pour the chickpeas on top of the kale, then add in the lemon juice, feta and salt to taste. Mix well, and enjoy!