You guys!! Where has the time gone?
Christmas is just a little over 2 weeks away, and I have only a handful of presents bought.
Do you think people would accept some baked goods as a Christmas gift? Because these blondies… They would be my favorite gift to give right now.
The great thing about these blondies is that you can put anything into them: chocolate chips, cranberries, crushed up candy canes…or a mix of all of those. Be creative! Maybe a different flavor for every gift you are making!
I just bought a large jar of coconut oil this weekend, and it is making my WEEK! Opening the jar and smelling the coconut…it reminds me of being 14 and working at a bubble tea store in the mall. My FAVORITE drink to make was real taro and coconut bubble tea. That drink was what I would drink in my teenage years. Along with matcha milkshakes and real mango bubble tea…
But the smell alone makes me want to bake with it at every single opportunity I can. And making these brownies was definitely one of them.
Now that I have finally been introduced to blondies in my own kitchen, I invite everyone to join me! Can you think of a better Christmas gift?
Unless you wanted a new laptop. But these blondies might very well come in a close second.
Coconut Oil Blondies
What you’ll need:
- 8 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350˚F. Lightly grease a 13×9 baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted coconut oil and brown sugar until smooth. Stir in egg, vanilla and almond extract.
- Slowly mix in the flour until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven, and allow them to cool. Cut them into squares and store in an airtight container.
Adapted from Inspired Taste