Who wants to eat chocolate for breakfast? Because you know I do.
I am all about chocolate in the morning from my pretzel and Nutella granola to my chocolate chip banana pecan pancakes. I just can't get enough. But I think I have found my upper limit in this oatmeal.
If one has little to no time in the morning, microwave oatmeal is the way to go. I had quite the surprise when this morning, I had a whole whack of time to kill before work. And by a whole whack, I mean 30 minutes. Previously, my mornings were made up of making this advent calendar for my boyfriend that I was pretty much just eating microwave oatmeal and yogurt in the mornings to save time.
Now, I have these extra 30 minutes before I leave, I truly have no excuse NOT to have chocolate for breakfast. That is, unless I want to sleep in. But I think that chocolate outweighs that option in most cases.
What you'll need:
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- A few chocolate chips (optional, but highly recommended)
- In a small saucepan, bring the milk to boil.
- Once it starts to boil, add the oats, cocoa powder and sugar. Cook uncovered over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
Adapted from Collecting Memories
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: