Ok. I am finally sane. And do you know why?
I HAVE INTERNET!!
After a stressful month(!!!) without internet, I am finally connected. Part of the rest of this city, without needing to jump from coffee shop to library in order to get what little amount of free internet that I can.
First order of business: make a dessert!
And since I have only just recently moved, I don't have too much organized. Which means baking supplies and ingredients are packed up in boxes and no where to be found.
But no worries. I am all about the mug cake. I mean, making a 4 ingredient mug cake, chocolate vanilla protein mug cake and a 4 ingredient chocolate mug cake basically in the span of one month, you can all see that I have an obsession.
But a portion sized obsession! A "make a dessert in less than 5 minutes" obsession. Which, in my opinion, is the best kind of obsession.
Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
What you'll need:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- a pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 heaping tablespoons chocolate chips
- In a microwave safe mug, melt the butter in the microwave (around 15 seconds).
- Mix in the sugars, vanilla bean paste, salt and egg yolk until fully incorporated.
- Mix in the flour until fully combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 40 seconds, and see if it's done. If not, microwave for additional 10 second intervals.