I’m leaving for Hawaii in 3 days, which means that I can’t bake anything large.
Why is that you ask? Well, I learned my lesson two years ago when I left for 2 weeks to go camping. I made some delicious muffins before I left. I left the remaining in a container right in the middle of the kitchen, where I was hoping people in my house would see and eat.
But what happens when I get back? The container is now green and climbing with mold, and none of my muffins were touched! The thing with people in my house is that they will resist sweet things or desserts unless they are offered. Seriously, the self control on these people.
So I’m making another personal-sized dessert in a mug. Because I certainly don’t need an invitation to have dessert. It seems to be a way of life for me.
Also having a brownie ready in front of you in less than 5 minutes is definitely my idea of a good time.
Microwave Brownie in a Cup
What you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe mug for around 10-20 seconds.
- Mix in the sugars, vanilla and salt with the melted butter. Stir in the egg yolk until fully combined.
- Add in the flour and cocoa powder, and mix until fully incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place in the microwave, and microwave for around 45 seconds.