I am slowly fazing out of being a morning person.
This is so weird because I usually have no problem at all waking up in the morning. I would jump out of bed at some ungodly early hour, and make a very delicious and elaborate breakfast. Just because I could!
But now I seem to wake up in some half asleep half delusional state where my dream has ended extremely abruptly, and the only way to save those dream-people is to go close my eyes. Which. of course, results in me sleeping for another hour.
So make ahead breakfast it is I guess. Which is also totally fine for me because granola = easy = love. And also super snackable. Which is the biggest plus in my books.
And I apologize for all the raisin haters out there. You can definitely substitute the raisins for any dried fruit of your choice. I have made virtually the same recipe but using dried apricot instead of raisins, and I can tell you, that is almost as good.
So for all the days you don't set an alarm, or sleep through your alarm, having some granola on hand is a great breakfast backup plan. Maybe sprinkle this over some yogurt or some vanilla chia seed pudding. Yum!
Cinnamon Raisin Granola
What you'll need:
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 300˚F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the honey, canola oik and vanilla. Pour in with the dry ingredients and mix until the oats are thoroughly coated.
- On a baking sheet, spread the mixture in a thin, even layer. Bake for 15 minutes. Stir together and add the raisins. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool for around 20 minutes. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.