Last day of classes today.
After today, I will officially be done with university. While my other friends who are in education need to suffer through summer courses, I will be off doing my own thing. Going to Hawaii. Going for a road trip to Edmonton. My summer will be glorious.
So how should I kick off this super awesome summer?
Well I started off buying a huge bag of pretzels, and it kind of..spiraled into a baking project. Because every celebration needs a good baking session.
And what better way to celebrate than cookies? Seriously, I am looking to have at LEAST 60 cookie recipes in my blog before the year ends. So 16 more to go.. I could probably do that in a week.
These cookies are inspired by the granola that will haunt my memories, and will never forget. For some reason, I have only made it once. This granola was the pretzel and nutella granola. When you get a taste of the pretzel and chocolate combo...man, you can never go back.
These cookies were the perfect sweet and salty combination that will make you want to reach back for one, two, five more cookies. They will be gone in no time.
Pretzel and Chocolate Chip Cookies
What you'll need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup pretzels, broken up in pieces
- Preheat the oven to 320˚F.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flours and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and the sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Slowly mix in the flour mixture until fully incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips and pretzels.
- Scoop the batter onto a prepared baking sheet, and bake for around 15-17 minutes, or until the edges are browned.
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: