Do NOT judge these cookies by their cover. I assure you they taste magical.
These cookies were created because I have a problem. When I go into a grocery store, down the baking aisle, I always get a strange compulsion to buy all the baking ingredients. Like, I have no recipe in mind, I just want to buy them.
And since I somehow opened my shopping bag and found some molasses inside, I thought that I needed to find something to put it in.
Enter these cookies. Now I know that they don’t look so great, being all flat and all, but they taste divine! I wasn’t going to post this, but I liked them so much that I thought it would be a shame NOT to post them.
Plus, you know. I need more cookie recipes in my life.
Molasses Chocolate Chip Cookies
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the molasses, vanilla and egg until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients until fully incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop by tablespoonful onto a lightly sprayed cookie sheet, and bake for around 10 minutes, or until golden. Leave on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.