Do NOT judge these cookies by their cover. I assure you they taste magical.
These cookies were created because I have a problem. When I go into a grocery store, down the baking aisle, I always get a strange compulsion to buy all the baking ingredients. Like, I have no recipe in mind, I just want to buy them.
And since I somehow opened my shopping bag and found some molasses inside, I thought that I needed to find something to put it in.
Enter these cookies. Now I know that they don't look so great, being all flat and all, but they taste divine! I wasn't going to post this, but I liked them so much that I thought it would be a shame NOT to post them.
Plus, you know. I need more cookie recipes in my life.
Molasses Chocolate Chip Cookies
What you'll need:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the molasses, vanilla and egg until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients until fully incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop by tablespoonful onto a lightly sprayed cookie sheet, and bake for around 10 minutes, or until golden. Leave on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: