My jar of peanut butter is empty. I guess that means that I need to use my other favorite spread. It needs no introduction. You know what it is..
Probably half of any given jar of Nutella ends up being combined with peanut butter in some way. The rest..well that usually just ends up spooned into my mouth.
So I wanted to switch it up a little. I wanted to be fancy by baking my Nutella right into some breakfast worthy granola.
Then trash it up with some crushed up pretzels. You know, because that sounds like the best thing to do.
And while I’m still opening and closing the enormous amount of boxes littering my house, searching for my belongings, I can find some comfort in eating pretzels and chocolate for breakfast. Because if that won’t cheer me up and get me ready for the day, then I don’t know what will.
Pretzel and Nutella Granola
What you’ll need:
- 4 tablespoons Nutella
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup crushed pretzels
- 2 cups large flake oats
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place the Nutella and honey in a small bowl, and microwave for 20-30 seconds. Mix together until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats and pretzels. Mix in the melted Nutella mixture until the oats are coated with the mixture.
- Spread the oat mixture on the prepared baking sheet, and bake for around 17 minutes. Let cool.
- Store in an airtight container.