I was trying to rack my brain to think of anything quick and easy to make for Valentines day.
Red velvet cake is out obviously. I just have no time to make a cake.
Heart shaped…anything pretty much is on the same boat. No time at all.
Seriously, this week has gone by so quickly, and it feels like I didn’t get anything done.
So pretty much my half-ass attempt at making something Valentines day-esque is just topping something that I can make in less than 30 minutes with raspberries. It’s red, so that means it’s a fit candidate for a Valentines day themed recipe. Obviously.
But I’m sure anyone would appreciate this porridge on a cold February 14th morning, or any morning in fact. I would have never thought of having quinoa for breakfast, but there you are.
Actually, that is not true. I have made quinoa pancakes before, and they were one of the most delicious pancakes I have ever made.
So if you’re a busy bee, but are in need of a quick breakfast, I would highly recommend this porridge. It’s quick, easy, and best of all, healthy.
Raspberry Quinoa Porridge
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Bring the milk to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the quinoa and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered until 3/4 of the milk has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar and cinnamon. Cover again and cook until almost all the milk has absorbed, about 8 minutes.
- Serve in bowls, and top with fruits of your choice.