I don't know what it is about breakfast that makes me so gosh darn happy.
I remember some days when I was younger, it felt like I never wanted to wake up at all had it not been for the glorious breakfast food that was being prepared downstairs. Ah childhood. Those were the days...
But now when I'm waking up at 6:30 in the morning, and leaving the house at 7:30, it's almost impossible to make elaborate breakfasts, let alone eat them.
I mean, who wouldn't want bacon every morning? If only it could be Sunday morning every morning..
But a bowl full of yogurt and this granola sprinkled on top is almost as good. Actually, if I were given the option of either the yogurt and granola combo and some bacon, I am pretty sure I would go for the granola combo. It's really THAT GOOD.
This granola is so good that I've needed to hide it from myself to stop myself from eating it in one sitting. I mean, who could resist the peanut butter and honey combo? Obviously I can't.
Peanut Butter Granola
What you'll need:
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 320˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place the peanut butter and honey in a medium bowl, and microwave for 20-30 seconds. Mix them together until smooth. Stir in the cinnamon and vanilla.
- Add in the oats, and mix until the oats are coated with the mixture.
- Spread the oat mixture on the prepared baking sheet, and bake for around 17 minutes. Let cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Adapted from: Table for Two Blog
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: