This cookie dough is made with no eggs or flour. And as an added bonus, they are healthy! You will never guess the secret ingredient!
So how was everyone's Christmas? Are we all as stuffed as I am?
As I am recovering from my food comas for the past few days, I still manage to be extremely hungry at all times of the day. Maybe it's because of all the leftovers, just begging me to eat them. But as they say, tis the season to be merry. And if merry = eating all the time, then I'm rocking being merry.
This Christmas I tried, I really tried to resist the sweets. Chocolate? Just say no! Sour keys? Hmm..does that count as a sweet if it has the word sour in it? Maybe I'll take a couple. But the cookies everywhere, how can you resist??
Even now, after all the festivities are over, I'm still eyeing those cookies. Just had one for breakfast. What's wrong with me?
Okay, so in my efforts to wean myself from cookies, I'm making a healthy (er) cookie. You know, a detox cookie after all the butter and sugar goodness I've been ingesting.
So as a way of getting a little healthier while satisfying that lingering cookie craving, make yourself some of these. You won't regret it.
Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
What you'll need:
- 1 1/4 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Place the chickpeas, vanilla, peanut butter, honey and baking powder in a food processor, and process until smooth and combined.
- With wet hands, form the dough into balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. They will still be soft.
- Store in an airtight container.
Adapted from Texanerin Baking
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: