These coconut meringue cookies are so light with a slight chewiness when you bite into them. So easy to make, and with a perfect coconut flavor too!
I've been making so many sweet and easy treats recently...Somebody stop me!!
I'll pretend that making this needed to happen. I mean, what can you do with 4 leftover egg whites after using 4 yolks on the Oreo ice cream I made a couple of days ago. I mean, you don't want me to waste some perfectly good egg whites, right?
But when I thought about making meringues, I felt a sort of fear. This is because I have tried making meringues countless times, only to end up with a cookie sheet fool of sticky, flat, melted sugar which, I can tell you right now, is a bitch to clean.
But this time, for the first time, I have succeeded in making meringues!
The coconut made these meringues delightfully chewy, but wonderfully tasty. But fear not, this will not be the last cookie recipe this year. You know...'tis the season for cookies!
Coconut Meringue Cookies
What you'll need:
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 250˚F.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Slowly beat in the icing sugar until sugar is completely dissolved. The whites should stand in stiff glossy peaks. Fold in the coconut with a rubber spatula.
- Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a large cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for around 1 hour, or until dry. Place on wire racks to cool.
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: