Cookies stuffed with Nutella! Need I say anything else? How about Sprinkles!
I just bought Nutella.
Buying Nutella for me is always both a very good idea, and a very awful idea. Very good because Nutella is freaking delicious, and there is so many new things I can bake with it (like my oatmeal Nutella cookies, Nutella brownies and eggnog Nutella ice cream to name a few). Very bad because, well, once the jar of Nutella is open, I start digging in with a spoon. There's no stopping me.
And so, when I bought this jar of Nutella, I was determined to bake as many different things with it as possible, so expect more Nutella treats in the future!
Or maybe don't. I'm not sure how long I can control my spoon...
Also, the sprinkles didn't really show up in the pictures, but they were a lot of fun in the actual cookies :)
Nutella Stuffed Cookies (with sprinkles!)
What you'll need:
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Nutella (around 3/4 cup)
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Form 1 tablespoon balls of Nutella and place on the prepared baking sheet. Freeze for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Lightly spray two baking sheets.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flours, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder and sprinkles.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, oil and vanilla until fully combined.
- Slowly mix in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Scoop a tablespoon of cookie dough and flatten in your hands. Place the frozen Nutella ball in the centre of the flattened cookie dough. Wrap the dough around the Nutella ball and press to seal.
- Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet, and bake for 9-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet.
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: