Banana pancakes made even better with the addition of chocolate chips. Ready in no time, and tastes amazing.
I don't know what it is, but Tuesdays seem to be the hardest day for me.
Mondays you are all refreshed from the weekend, but on Tuesdays, you figure out how tired you are and that the week isn't even halfway done yet. So to brighten up your morning, I have made you all pancakes!
To be fair, I didn't make these this morning. I was in a Tuesday stupor: waking up and grabbing a Starbucks pumpkin scone, trying to make it in time to class. But who can say no to pancakes for dinner?
Especially if it's full of banana and bursting with chocolate chips and filled with oats. Sure I made oatmeal pancakes before, and chocolate chip pancakes before. I have even made chocolate chip banana pecan pancakes. I love my pancakes, so I want to make as many different combinations as possible.
If you want a great pancake to get you through the week, I would definitely suggest these ones. Breakfast, lunch or, like me, dinner. I won't judge.
Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
What you'll need:
- 1 banana, ripe
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Mash the banana in a medium bowl. Add the baking powder and mash together.
- Add in the egg, oil, vanilla, butter and milk, and whisk together until just combined.
- Stir in the oats and flour until fully combined. Fold in the chocolate chips until mixed in.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Scoop 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, and flip when bubbles are covering the surface of the pancake. Cook the other side until it is golden.
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: