I have just realized that I looove tuna.
Maybe not JUST realized. I mean, I have been experimenting a lot with tuna salad, such as my apple tuna salad or my pesto tuna salad, but I just haven’t realized how quick and easy it is to make anything else with it.
But this is one of the quickest and easiest things you could ever want to make and still be tuna satisfied. Perfect for those busy weekdays!
Or weekends.. I mean, I’m always up for some tuna, for any time of the day! I just made ANOTHER variation of tuna salad (I will share it soon), and had it for breakfast, which frankly, may be the best time of day to eat it. Then you have a toothbrush on hand to take the tuna breath away. Total win!
But I couldn’t even make these last for a day. They were gone almost as soon as I took them out of the skillet. Which is why the pictures aren’t too great, but the patties sure were!
What you’ll need:
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 170g cans tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- Beat together the eggs and lemon juice in a medium bowl, and stir in the cheese and breadcrumbs to make a paste. Fold in the tuna and the onions and mix well. Add the pepper, and shape into 1 inch thick patties.
- Heat the oil on a skillet over medium heat. Fry the patties until golden brown, around 5 minutes per side.
Adapted from All Recipes