Quinoa patties that are so easy to make and taste amazing! Vegetarian, and ready in under 15 minutes.
It's the middle of the week, and I'm already wishing it was the weekend.
Why am I so excited about this weekend? Well, it's Canadian thanksgiving on Monday, and since my school schedule is crazy awesome that I have Fridays and Tuesdays off, I get a 5 DAY WEEKEND!!
Which means that I get to make a kick ass Thanksgiving dinner. I mean, I have no excuse not to. I have so much time off.
And to accommodate any vegetarians who have the honor (or misfortune, I'm not sure yet) of trying my cooking, I'll be sure to make these quinoa burgers again.
These burgers blew my mind. I have had a little bit of a quinoa obsession lately with my quinoa pancakes and my cheese and broccoli quinoa casserole, I felt the need to try my hand at making some quinoa burgers.
And while I really wanted to make my first pumpkin recipe of the season, I chose making these burgers instead. But don't worry. I bought a can of pumpkin, so I will be hopping on the pumpkin bandwagon soon enough. In the meantime, I'll be happily eating these burgers.
What you'll need:
- 2 1/4 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 3/4 cup cheddar, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon herb and garlic cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 small onion, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chipotle sauce
- 2 Tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 Tablespoon flax seed
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- oil to fry
- hamburger buns
- In a large bowl, mix together the quinoa, beans, cheese, garlic, chipotle sauce, flour, flax seed, sugar, paprika and black pepper.
- Heat some oil on a skillet on medium heat. Create quinoa patties and place on the hot pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown . Place on hamburger buns, and enjoy!
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: