A couple of weeks ago, one of my friends thought it was a good idea to sign me up with his REC soccer team at my university. This was a bad idea for so many reasons. One: I have never played soccer. Maybe once or twice in a high school gym class, but never seriously. Two: I can’t run for more than 10 minutes without getting out of breath. Yeah, it’s bad.
We had our first game on Sunday. When signing in, I had at least 4 people laugh at our team name. We named ourselves “Victorious Secret” – and we lived up to our name. We won 5-1.
But now, two days after, I am so ridiculously sore! I didn’t want to get out of bed and go to school. I guess now I know why I never played soccer until now!
But since I am being more active now, I needed to make something to reflect my healthy decision. So I bought some protein powder, bought some flax seeds, and made these protein squares. But of course, as I do with most things, I covered it in chocolate.
Hey, no one’s perfect!
Coconut Chocolate Protein Squares
What you’ll need:
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 3 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, mix together the banana, oats, flax seeds, protein powder, peanut butter, coconut, butter, raisins and water.
- Line an 8×8-inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Spread the mixture evenly into the pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave, stopping in 30 second intervals to stir.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the mixture in the pan, and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into squares and store in the freezer.
Adapted from Money Saving Mom