One week left. One week of summer school left. I can see the end!!
Too bad I need to write 4 essays that I have barely started on. This is why I went into math. To avoid writing essays. Too bad I’ve chosen to become a teacher. There seems to be writing around every corner.
But procrastination is my forte. When I sit down to try to write anything, I end up fantasizing about food, then browsing food blogs to give me ideas on what to make. All the while I’m mindlessly munching on a box of oreos. What a healthy life…
But as soon as I realized that I was consuming more oreos than I have in the past month just in one sitting, I needed to do something to stop my mindless munching. So I baked them in these gorgeous muffins so I can share them with everyone. So I killed my mindless snacking and my itching to bake something in one stone. If that’s not a win-win, I don’t know what is.
These are loaded with chocolate, but aren’t that sweet. Now that my mind is at ease, I will rock these essays. Wish me luck!
What you’ll need:
-1/2 cup milk
-1/4 cup butter, melted
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
-1/2 cup white sugar
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-1/2 cup chocolate chips
-1 cup Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, beat together the egg, milk and butter.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the flours, sugar and baking powder until fully combined.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until fully incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips and oreos.
5. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.