It's Friday lovely people! And it couldn't come fast enough..
With tones of presentations to do, and papers to read, I need to kick back and relax a little. I am halfway through summer school, so the end is in sight!
So I bought quinoa for the fist time. First time guys, I'm so excited!
I bought it on Monday, and I was thinking about it all week. In my classes, on the commute home, while brushing my teeth... I was thinking about how to best introduce quinoa into my life.
Since I am most comfortable around cheese and casseroles, this was the obvious thing for me to do.
So now that I've hopped on the quinoa bandwagon, what do I think? Well I think I understand why it's one of the ingredients bloggers go ga-ga about. I think I am going to put this casserole on my regular cycle!
What you'll need:
-1 1/2 cups quinoa
-1 tablespoon oil
-3/4 cups broccoli, chopped
-1 large onion, diced
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 cup milk
-1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
-1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
1. Rinse and dry quinoa. Cook according to package instructions.
2. In a small skillet, heat up the oil. When the oil is hot, fry the onions and broccoli until the onions are golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Coat an 11x7 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
4. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and milk. Fold in the quinoa and cheese until fully combined.
5. Pour the quinoa mixture into your prepared baking dish and sprinkle with Panko bread crumbs. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: