Have I ever told you about my obsession with ginger?
Granted, I hate grating ginger. I have been making a lot of dishes with grated ginger recently, (sadly I haven’t documented any of these with pictures. But I will make them again soon enough) and I can’t get past all the stringy wet bits. I’m obviously a novice at this cooking business, but cooking with ginger has become my new favorite thing.
And baking with (ground) ginger? Well that’s a whole other story.
What you’ll need:
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon ground ginger
-1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
-1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
-4 tablespoons butter, softened
-1/2 cup sugar (+ more for rolling)
-1 egg white
-4 tablespoons molasses
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, allspice and cloves.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg white and molasses and beat until smooth.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
5. Scoop about 2 1/2 teaspoons of the cookie dough and roll into a ball. Roll the dough in some sugar and place it on the prepared baking pan.
6. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Let cool on wire racks.