Ever since I was a kid, I loved peanut butter.
My day was filled with peanut butter sandwiches and just spoonfuls of peanut butter straight out the jar. Those were the days.
Now I have become more sophisticated in my peanut butter consumption. More sophisticated by baking with them so that I can hide the fact that I am consuming super-human amounts of peanut butter in one sitting.
So for all those peanut butter lovers out there, I suggest you make these. You will thank me.
If not, you can always take a spoon and scoop some peanut butter and Nutella on it. Since that is a classic move for me after a long day, I will not judge.
Slightly Adapted from Bakerella
What you'll need:
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
-3/4 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 cup butter, softened
-1 cup peanut butter
-1 cup white sugar
-2 teaspoons vanilla
+miniature Reese's peanut butter cups
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flours, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together the peanut butter and butter until smooth. Add the sugar, egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
4. Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until fully combined.
5. Roll dough into small balls and place in cavities of a mini muffin pan.
6. Make an indent in the center of each dough ball and place an unwrapped Reese's peanut butter cup into each.
7. Make in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
8. Remove and let cool on wire racks.
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: