So here’s the situation. Valentine’s day is just around the corner, and you want to get something for your significant other that is both thoughtful and sweet. You don’t want to go to the mall lest this special someone catches you walking home with your gift and ask what it is, nor do you really like how pink colored the mall has gotten in the past month. What can you do now?
My solution to this question (or any question you ask me really) is to bake.
Now in reality, I didn’t have the problem of my boyfriend seeing me at the mall because he’s all the way in Russia until May, but I may have been making excused just to fuel my baking obsession.
Perhaps I will send these to him. Vanilla muffins with a surprise kiss inside, so he can have some kisses on Valentine’s Day.
What you’ll need:
-1 cup sugar
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-1 cup milk
-1/4 cup butter, melted
-2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla
+caramel filled kisses
1. Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
2. Beat together the sugar and egg. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
3. Alternate between mixing in the milk and flour mixture and beat in after each addition.
4. Mix in the vanilla and the butter.
5. Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from oven temporarily to plop a caramel kiss inside each muffin, then return to oven to bake for another 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on wire racks.