It's been a crazy year. The last week of classes is just around the corner, and I can just smell the endless hours that I'm going to spend studying for exams. The late nights. The coffee. Then forgetting it all as I first look at the exam.
Let me tell you about how forgetful I am. I was supposed to meet 3 of my classmates and my professor at a restaurant to discuss our program, and what we will be doing next year. What's wrong with that you ask?
Well, apart from the fact that I just completely forgot about it, I live 1.5-2 hours away from the school (by bus) so they waited for me, until I showed up 1 hour and 45 minutes late. And they even bought my food.
So while I'm a little afraid that my memory is fading away before it's time, I can at least bake to make me forget about this embarrassing afternoon.
And what better to bake then raspberry filled streusel bars? These were perfect, and great for an on-the-go breakfast in case I forget to meet someone else later this week.
What you'll need:
-1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
-1 cup whole wheat flour
-2/3 cup white sugar
-18 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
-1/4 cup brown sugar
-1/2 cup oats
-3/4 cup rasrpberry jam
-3/4 cup fresh raspberries
-1 tablespoon lime juice
1. Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine flour, white sugar, and 16 tablespoons of butter until fully combined.
3. Measure 1 1/4 cups of the flour mixture evenly in the bottom of the prepared pan, pressing evenly to make a bottom layer. Bake until the edges begin to brown, around 14-18 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, add brown sugar and oats to the reserved flour mixture. Work in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter with your fingers.
5. Combine the raspberry jam, raspberries and lime juice in a small bowl. Mash with a fork until only some berry pieces remain.
6. Spread the raspberry mixture over the hot crust and sprinkle evenly with streusel topping. Return to the oven and bake for 22-25 minutes until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: