There is something about dried fruit that makes me smile. All the flavor of fruit concentrated into little, easy to eat bite size pieces.
I have never had dried cranberries before. It was a dried mango kind of girl. It was my boyfriend who introduced me. Now as I start loving them, he’s discovering that he’s allergic. Oh well, more for me!
So these weren’t all that sweet. Which is nice, because I have been making quite a few sweet things recently. I think if I made this a second time, I would sprinkle some sugar on top of them. Either way, these were great!
-2 cups all-purpose flour
-1/3 cup white sugar
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1/4 teaspoon baking soda
-8 teaspoons butter
-1/2 cup sour cream
-1/2 cup dried cranberries
-1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange rind
1. Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in butter until the mixture looks like oatmeal (or fine crumbs)
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and sour cream. Add it to the flour mixture, mixing until fully incorporated. Fold in the cranberries and the grated orange rind.
4. Form a ball with the batter, and press into a lightly sprayed pie pan and cut it into wedges.
5. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Let cool on wire racks