Here it is. Cookies. It was bound to happen.
And it’s back to the basics. I wanted to make some plain cookies so that I might build on them later. But to be honest, I’m if I want to, they turned out great. Even for a sugar addict such as myself, these turned out to not be so sweet. And even I liked them. It’s been a while since I ate such a plain cookie, but it was definitely a welcome change. Although I did have to have a scoop or two of ice cream on my plate as well. Hey, don’t judge me, this is my transition.
What you’ll need:
-2 cups all purpose flour
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
-1/2 cup unsalted butter
-1 cup sugar
-1 large egg
-2 tablespoons milk
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Sift flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. With an electric mixer, mix in the egg, milk and vanilla until well combined.
2. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour
3. While the dough is in the fridge, preheat oven to 350˚F.
4. Roll dough into balls, and place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown. Transfer cookies to a wire rack, and cool.