Wait...a muffin? Why am I talking about cake? Well, no matter how much I like cake, when I make it, I'LL have to cut it myself. And my slice ends up being almost all the cake. So, I find that a muffin is a great substitute. It's already pre-portioned, and they are very portable. And they are so gosh darn cute! And I'm a huge fan of anything cute. (My change purse is a little leather shoe. It's so cute my heart bursts almost every time I see it)
What you'll need:
-1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 cup sugar
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1 cup plain yogurt
-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
-3 tablespoons lemon juice
-1 tablespoon grated lemon
-3 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
-2 tablespoons brown sugar
-1 tablespoon butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line muffin cups with paper baking cups. Spray inside of muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, lemon juice, oil, lemon peel and egg until fully combined. Add to the flour mixture and stir with a fork until the flour mixture is moistened.
4. Scoop the batter into the paper-lined muffin cups.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and butter, then sprinkle on top of the muffins.
6. Bake for 12-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Remove and let cool on a wire rack.
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: