The only problem with this plan is that I have never made donuts before. Well I've made fried apple fritters, but I've never baked donuts, so I thought that this would be a challenge.
The thing is, I wanted to make a cake donut. So, I cheated, and used boxed cake mixture. I know, I know, but I was just a little lazy, and I got the package later in the evening and I didn't really want to look around my kitchen for different kinds of ingredients. But I did add a little twist on the cake recipe. I put melted ice cream in it. It was eggnog ice cream, and it was delicious, but you could use any type of ice cream that you like.
What I forgot was these cake recipes made really fluffy cakes, and not the hard cake that you would want for a donut. But, if you want a fluffy cake in the shape of a donut, this is perfect.
Easy ice cream cake donut
What you'll need:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 cups ice cream, melted.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cold water
- Doughnut Pan
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray pan with cooking spray
- Mix the chocolate cake mix, ice cream and water until all the lumps are gone
- Mix in the eggs one by one until fully combined
- Pour into pan, and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
Thank you for reading A Taste of Madness. You can stay connected with me here: